[Simh] Adding Codar Q-Timer device to PDP-11 SIMH

Alan Frisbie frisbie at flying-disk.com
Sun Apr 12 01:45:26 EDT 2015

I just booted an RSX system image on SIMH and discovered a
problem with missing hardware.   My physical PDP-11 system has a
Codar Q-Timer calendar/clock board.   There is a privileged task
which reads the date & time and sets it in RSX.   An RT-11
version also exists.

What I would like to do is write a SIMH device which emulates
this board, but uses the host system date & time.   It seems
pretty easy, but I want to know if anyone has already done
something like this.

Thanks,
Alan Frisbie