[Simh] MicroVAX II QVSS support problems in SIMH beta

Michael Kerpan mjkerpan at kerpan.com
Tue Oct 14 09:46:17 EDT 2014

All the talk about the SIMH 4 beta got me to look at the GIT repo and
I was pleased to see that many new VAXen have been simulated, and that
the MicroVAX II simulator includes support for a QVSS monochrome
framebuffer. However, when I boot it up with the QVSS enabled, I get a
random, gabled image rather than seeing the boot console. I know from
screenshots at 9track.net, that this code works on other systems, but
it's not working on mine. I'm running Linux and my SDL versions are
1.2.15 and 2.0.3? Everything compiledcleany, so I'd assume it;s not a
library issue, nut one never knows.

Mike