[Simh] MicroVAX II QVSS support problems in SIMH beta

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Oct 14 09:51:46 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Michael Kerpan wrote:
> All the talk about the SIMH 4 beta got me to look at the GIT repo and I was
> pleased to see that many new VAXen have been simulated, and that the
> MicroVAX II simulator includes support for a QVSS monochrome
> framebuffer. However, when I boot it up with the QVSS enabled, I get a
> random, gabled image rather than seeing the boot console. I know from
> screenshots at 9track.net, that this code works on other systems, but it's not
> working on mine. I'm running Linux and my SDL versions are
> 1.2.15 and 2.0.3? Everything compiledcleany, so I'd assume it;s not a library
> issue, nut one never knows.

Hi Michael,

Please create an Issue at https://github.com/simh/simh/issues and describe your experience.

Please include:
1) Provide details about the specific operating system you are running.
2) The output of SHOW VERSION from the simulator you are using
3) All of the output produced when you build this simulator with:
        $ make microvax2

Thanks.

- Mark Pizzolato