[Simh] Windows8

Matt matt at 9track.net
Thu Oct 24 14:53:59 EDT 2013

On 24/10/2013 19:11, Kevin Handy wrote:

> However, there are a lot of problems.
> 1. Terminal is awful. No VT emulation at all. I set up the Dz to port
> 4000, (ATT DZ 4000)  and have tried to attach to it using Kermit95,
> but it can't. I need to have a VT terminal emulation to be able to run
> my programs.
> 2. Whenever I try to start up networking withing VMS (decnet or
> tcpip), it completely locks up. It hangs when it accesses the network
> interface. Control/E does nothing at that pont. Letting it sit for a
> while does nothing.

Simh does not do terminal emulation, you need to use an external program
like Kermit95. To setup the console to listen on a telnet port use 'set
console telnet=4000' or other port number.
You probably need to run Simh as an administrator on Windows 8 (right
click on executable?) as privileged operations like creating TCP ports
and using WinPCAP are probably blocked under standard user accounts.

Matt