[Simh] Windows8

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Thu Oct 24 14:41:56 EDT 2013

Hi Kevin,

There should not be any real problem with running on windows 8.  I do it all the time.

I recommend PuTTY for a free terminal emulation http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html.

You may also get useful behavior with Kermit, but I have not tried any version of Kermit for many years.

The configuration file looks fine.

What version of the simh VAX simulator are you running?  The output of SHOW VERSION would be useful...

Recent binaries are available at: https://github.com/simh/Win32-Development-Binaries

What is the output of SHOW ETHERNET?

Are you using any third party Anti-Virus and/or Firewall products?

Meanwhile, if you're wanting to connect VT sessions locally to the DZ devices (i.e. your ATTACH DZ 4000), then you'll probably have to "allow/enable" the simulator binary as an allowed program in the Firewall configuration (i.e. the windows one or third party).

-          Mark