[Simh] how to get eth connexion

Gérard Calliet gerard.calliet at pia-sofer.fr
Wed Nov 6 03:48:35 EST 2013

Le 05/11/2013 13:55, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm a écrit :
>> 2) I saw we need at least one ip host connexion alive to have a connexion for
>> >simh - I am on Windows with wincap -. Again, why ?
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'need at least one ip host connexion alive'.  Are you saying that you need to be connected to a network?
Thanks to your help, I was able to communicate using a classic wire
connexion. It works also with the only wire interface, used by Windows
for ip traffic, and by simh for its (ip also) traffic.
If I disable the ip protocol for the interface, simh also cannot work.
My question is theoretical : why do we need an ip host protocol on the
host interface for simh being able of work with this interface ? It's
perhaps a window / wincap issue.
Don't worry about it : it is only to increese my knowledge. I do go on
with wired and ip-ed solutions.

Gérard Calliet