[Simh] how to get eth connexion

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Nov 3 18:37:40 EST 2013

On Sunday, November 03, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Gérard Calliet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a beginer on simh. I have tried a lot of thing to get connected by
> ethernet, on simh 3.9 openvms 7.3, openvms 7.0, vms 5.5 ... / ucx 4.0 I have
> instaled wincap on a Windows Seven I cannot get any connexion

Hi Gérard,

Try using the latest simh binaries from https://github.com/simh/Win32-Development-Binaries/blob/Win32-Development-Binaries/simh-4.0-Beta--2013-10-02-5feb20d0.zip

Alternatively, if you've got a Visual Studio environment (or MinGW) available, you can build from the latest sources available from: https://github.com/simh/simh/archive/master.zip

If you are still having problems, provide the output of "SHOW ETHERNET" from a "sim>" prompt along with the output of IPCONFIG/ALL from a Windows command prompt, and explain what makes you think that the ethernet is not working.

Good Luck.

- Mark