[Simh] how to get eth connexion

GĂ©rard Calliet gerard.calliet at pia-sofer.fr
Sun Nov 3 17:47:03 EST 2013

Hello,

I am a beginer on simh. I have tried a lot of thing to get connected by
ethernet, on
simh 3.9
openvms 7.3, openvms 7.0, vms 5.5 ... / ucx 4.0
I have instaled wincap on a Windows Seven
I cannot get any connexion

my init :

;
; Load CPU microcode
;load -r /usr/local/vax/data/ka655.bin
;
; Attach non-volatile RAM to a file;
;attach nvr /usr/local/vax/data/nvram.bin
;
; This virtual machine has 64M memory
set cpu 128m
;
; Define disk drive types. RA92 is largest-supported VAX drive.
;set rq0 ra92
;set rq1 ra92
set rq2 ra92
set rq3 cdrom
;
; Attach defined drives to local files
attach rq0 rq0.dsk
;attach rq1 /usr/local/vax/data/d1.dsk
attach rq2 rq0_55.dsk
;
; Attach the CD-ROM to its file (read-only)
attach -r rq3 image.iso
;
; Disable unused devices. It's also possible to disable individual devices,
; using a construction like "set rq2 disable" if desired.
;
;set rl disable
;set ts disable
;
; Attach Ethernet to a network interface
set xq enabled
set xq mac=74-2F-68-CD-07-05
attach xq0 eth1
;
set console telnet=9000
;
; Now start the emulator
boot cpu

I join what is said on the consol.

What is wrong ? Is there anything to do on the hardware interfaces ? Are
there possible incompatibilities ?

Any help would be good.
Think you.

Gérard Calliet