[Simh] SIMH/DECWindows/Debian

david.d.miller at att.net david.d.miller at att.net
Tue Sep 11 23:43:29 EDT 2012

Does anyone know of a cookbook for getting DECWindows (on SIMH) and XDM (on Debian) working?  I've got some pieces, some discussion, but not the big picture. In a nutshell, I've concluded:

1. I have to License/Install/Configure TCPIP and the XDM server on SIMH VAX.
2. I have to License/install/Configure DECWindows on SIMH VAX.
3. I have to configure/run XDM on Linux.
4. I have to configure/run <something graphical> on Linux

5. Login!

I think I'm OK on the VAX side using the TCPIP and DECWindows installation dialogs, but the Linux side is a real mystery at this stage of research.

David.