[Simh] Certainly a silly question

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Fri May 4 14:50:29 EDT 2012

In my case, I would also have liked to have a simpler way to set up a
series of disk volumes that were set up as an array of RRD40s for a CD
collection I have mounted on my VAX (VMS). Right now, I'm filled up with
DUA0-3, DUB0-3, DUC0-3, and DUD0-3, giving me 16 total volumes (used as
3 virtual hard drives and 13 virtual CD drives).

I think the limitation here is in the hardware devices available to VMS
itself. The controllers being emulated (and thus the matching device
drivers) probably didn't support more than 4 devices per controller, so
that's why we're limited in this fashion.

--Marc