[Simh] trouble selecting VAX ethernet on CentOS

Michael L. Umbricht mike at umbricht.org
Sun Feb 26 17:16:21 EST 2012

Yeah, I didn't have such a great night of sleep last night... I kind of
noticed "-aa" was but just did a c&p. Anyway, now it compiles! Thank
you, all, for the suggestions and help.

Same sort of trouble, though. It only allows me to choose "eth" which
grabs eth0 or I can choose "wlan0" to grab the wireless. Any attempt to
attach to either "eth0" or "eth1" fails with a seg fault.

-mikeu

VAX simulator V3.8-2

sim> at xq ?
libpcap version 1.0.0
ETH devices:
  0  eth0     (No description available)  ! on-board gig ethernet
  1  wlan0    (No description available)  ! on-board wireless
  2  virbr0   (No description available)  ! used by VirtualBox
  3  eth1     (No description available)  ! PCMCIA 10b2 or 10bT
  4  tap:tapN (Integrated Tun/Tap support)
Select device (ethX or <device_name>)? eth0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

sim> at xq eth
libpcap version 1.0.0
Eth: opened OS device eth0