[Simh] trouble selecting VAX ethernet on CentOS

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sun Feb 26 17:45:47 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-26 15:16:21 -0700, Michael L. Umbricht <mike at umbricht.org> wrote:
> Yeah, I didn't have such a great night of sleep last night... I kind of
> noticed "-aa" was but just did a c&p. Anyway, now it compiles! Thank
> you, all, for the suggestions and help.
>
> Same sort of trouble, though. It only allows me to choose "eth" which
> grabs eth0 or I can choose "wlan0" to grab the wireless. Any attempt to
> attach to either "eth0" or "eth1" fails with a seg fault.
>
> -mikeu
>
> VAX simulator V3.8-2
>
> sim> at xq ?
> libpcap version 1.0.0
> ETH devices:
>   0  eth0     (No description available)  ! on-board gig ethernet
>   1  wlan0    (No description available)  ! on-board wireless
>   2  virbr0   (No description available)  ! used by VirtualBox
>   3  eth1     (No description available)  ! PCMCIA 10b2 or 10bT
>   4  tap:tapN (Integrated Tun/Tap support)
> Select device (ethX or <device_name>)? eth0
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> sim> at xq eth
> libpcap version 1.0.0
> Eth: opened OS device eth0
> sim> at xq wlan0
> Eth: closed eth0
> Eth: opened OS device wlan0
> sim> at xq eth1
> Eth: closed wlan0
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Are all object files built with -g and is the `vax' binary not
stripped? Then you'd just run it with gdb:

$ gdb ./vax .....

Then do your work (-> make it segfault) and when you're back at GDB's
prompt, use the `bt' command to show us where it's breaking.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:               The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: