[Simh] trouble selecting VAX ethernet on CentOS

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 18:55:37 EST 2012

just tried 124, I get problems here too, I used unzip -aa as mentioned

make vax
lib paths are: /lib/ /lib64/ /opt/kde3/lib/ /opt/kde3/lib64/ /usr/X11R6/lib/ /usr/X11R6/lib64/ /usr/lib/ /usr/lib/tls/ /usr/lib64/ /usr/lib64/graphviz/ /usr/lib64/graphviz/python/ /usr/lib64/smokegen/ /usr/lib64/tls/ /usr/lib64/wx-2.8-wxcontainer/
using libm: /usr/lib//libm.so
using librt: /usr/lib//librt.so
using libpthread: /usr/lib//libpthread.so /usr/include/pthread.h
using libdl: /usr/lib//libdl.so /usr/include/dlfcn.h
using libpcap: /usr/include/pcap.h
*** Simulator(s) being built with networking support using
*** Linux provided libpcap components
if test ! -e BIN; then mkdir BIN; fi
gcc -std=c99 -U__STRICT_ANSI__ -g -I . -D_GNU_SOURCE -DSIM_ASYNCH_IO -DUSE_READER_THREAD  -DHAVE_DLOPEN=so  sim_BuildROMs.c -o BIN/BuildROMs
BIN/BuildROMs
Error: ROM file 'VAX/ka655x.bin' has an unexpected size: 130550 vs 131072
This can happen if the file was transferred or unpacked incorrectly
and in the process tried to convert line endings rather than passing
the file's contents unmodified
Error: ROM file 'VAX/vmb.exe' has an unexpected size: 44452 vs 44544
This can happen if the file was transferred or unpacked incorrectly
and in the process tried to convert line endings rather than passing
the file's contents unmodified
make: *** [BIN/BuildROMs] Error 1