[Simh] simh under slackware64

Quentin North (noisy) quentin at quentin.org.uk
Tue Feb 21 17:40:19 EST 2012

Download the slackware libpcap package from http://search.slackware.eu/cgi-bin/package.cgi/download/slackware-current/slackware/l/libpcap-1.1.1-i486-1.txz/USA

Next  as root use installpkg -m libpcap to install the downloaded package. You should then have libpcap.so which is what simh requires to link.

Alternatively use a different distro which is simpler to manage such as Red Hat/Centos or Debian, where all you need to do is type yum install libpcap or aptitude install libpcap and they will automatically download and install the package ready for simh. Indeed, on debian and RH/Centos, you can just do yum install simh and the whole lot is downloaded and installed including all dependences.