[Simh] SIMH vax.ini fine tuning

Craig D Hargreaves vms at magrathea.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 17:27:34 EDT 2011

On 19/09/2011 21:20, Arpadffy Zoltan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am so happy that thanks to Mark's master build I finally have a stable system used through the network.
>
> ...but there are still some fine tuning issues that, unfortunately could not find any reference in the manuals.
>
> 1. what is the proper method enabling of the sim_idle_enab flag? I have tested the "set cpu idle" command but the CPU is still in 100% usage
set cpu idle=vms

> 2. I can change the auto-boot behaviour with "dep bdr 0" but is there any way to choose the boot device that will be saved/kept even after next simh start.
>      like a permanent "set boot dua0" otherwise automatically attempts to boot XQA0
The boot setting are stored in the simulated NVRAM. Simh only updates
this file when you exit Simh. Do NOT kill the Simh process without
exiting cleanly.
add the following to your vax.ini file:

att nvr vax.nvr
boot cpu

 >>> set boot dua0
<control> E
exit

Next time you start up your NVRAM file should be read and boot from your
new default boot device.

--
Craig