[Simh] Request for PDP-10 help for DEUNA validation

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 26 14:51:49 EST 2011

I think the pack here is going to be a good starting point.
http://klh10.trailing-edge.com/
However, I don't know if it will boot on a KS10 (simh), as I've only
booted it on KLH10.  If you have to load from scratch you'll want to
install either TOPS-10 7.03 or 7.04.

There are hopefully some good links here.  It's been 3 years or so
since I've had time to update the site.
http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/pdp10emu.html

I'm not aware of any DECnet-10 doc's, but there are Monitor
Installation Guides for 7.03 and 7.04.  I've successfully installed
7.03 in the past, but have only used the starter pack at the
trailing-edge URL above for 7.04.  It was pretty cool being able to
connect to TOPS-10 7.04 with a VT-420 via my DECserver 90L+.  I don't
remember how good the DECnet-10 implementation is, as I was more
interested in the LAT support.

Zane

At 7:06 PM +0000 1/26/11, Hittner, David T (IS) wrote:
>I'd like to finally validate the functionality of the DEUNA Ethernet
>controller with the PDP-10.
>It's been rumored to work, but I don't have PDP-10 experience to
>validate it by myself.
>
>Could someone in the SIMH community who is familiar with the PDP-10
>environment provide me with:
>   1) Locations of an OS kit and a DECNET kit with DEUNA support?
>   2) Instructions for configuring SIMH PDP10 with a DEUNA or a
>configuration file?
>   3) Instructions for loading the OS and DECNET kits?
>   4) Basic instructions for running the OS, starting DECNET, and
>command prompts to transfer files over to another DECNET node?
>
>Thanks!
>Dave Hittner
>SIMH Ethernet developer (one of them :-)

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |