[Simh] An idea for graphics support in SIMH

Sergiusz Jarczyk sjarczyk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:15:08 EDT 2010

Mike

2010/7/7 Michael Kerpan <mjkerpan at kerpan.com>:
> It's good to see that folks don't think I'm barking up the wrong tree
> here. Anyways, while I can't code this myself (my C-fu is weak), I'd
> be more than happy to troll the web to dig up documentation in order
> to help anyone who might be interested in implementing this.
> Persoanlly, I would think that the thing to do would be to first set
> up the basic server architecture and then implement a fairly simple
> display like the PDP-1 vector tube to test the architecture. Then,
> assuming we're not all too busy playing Spacewar to go any farther,
> someone could go and code up something hard like a VAX framebuffer.

Writing own server/server module (I assume you're talking about
something like VNC server for X) isn't a good idea... How I look at
it, it'd be more feasible to rewrite SCP  to emulate both text and
graphics display, much like VirtualBox, VMWare etc. We can borrow some
code from QEMU, for example, to make things easier.

Sergiusz