[Simh] CDC6600

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Thu Jul 8 21:43:17 EDT 2010

I saw one of the first CDC 6600's being debugged by CDC technicians at
the Courant Institute at New York University in the 60s.  It was an
amazing sight: they were measuring signal delays and shapes with scopes
and then cutting cables differently to modify what they were seeing.
Needless to say, it took a VERY long time to get the system running.

I hadn't realized that DTCyber was a paid product.  Given what a real
6600 must cost to run, the license for DTCyber has to be inexpensive by
comparison.  The lack of a hobbyist program from the software licensor
makes a freeware simulator not very interesting, at least to me.  This
also limits the appeal of trying to simulate the DG Eclipse lines, both
16b and 32b, as another example.

/Bob

.