[Simh] KL10E support in SimH

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Thu Jul 8 21:37:58 EDT 2010

I've never been very interested in duplicating other people's work, so
I've not looked into implementing the extended KL10 (KL10E) on SimH.
Ken did an amazing job on KLH10.

If someone wants to try porting KLH10 over to the SimH environment, note
that SimH is a single-threaded program that schedules its own
pseudo-threads, while KLH10 uses operating system processes to simulate
IO devices and their asynchronous behavior.  Also, the KL10 used a
completely different set of IO interfaces than the KS10.  I was able to
borrow code from the PDP-11 for the KS10 devices; the KL10 will need an
entire unique set.

/Bob