[Simh] CDC 6600

Sergiusz Jarczyk sjarczyk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 10:31:28 EDT 2010

Hello All
As this is my first post, I'd like to thank Bob and other contributors
for their work. I'm playing with Simh for a three years now, both in
work (VAX and PDP-10 emulations) and as a hobby (the rest :-) ), and
have to say it's amazing piece of software...
Lately, I've got in touch with customer having CDC 6600 still in use.
As the maintenance costs are sky rock high and the age of the system
worries company's management, they're looking for a replacement. The
problem is, the system is still working fine, and investments made in
running code are huge. Now, I wondered, there are other businesses
with same problems, and extending Simh with 6600/7600 simulation
wouldn't be such a bad idea...
Anyway, I completed all documentation available on the Net (from
bitsavers, trailing-edge and collectors' pages), and plan to write
preliminary code during next weeks. The problem is, I need more
technical docs (Reference Manuals are mostly CPU-concerned) and OS
tape images, with no errors. If anyone on the list can help, please
contact me.

Best wishes to all.

Sergiusz