[Simh] Telnet problems

Dell Setzer dsetzer at panix.com
Wed Jan 27 08:47:11 EST 2010

To avoid all the CR/LF/BS/DEL problems, you need to use a telnet client
with Dasher emulation. I think there's a version of Kermit from Columbia
University that provides Dasher emulation. I've never used it, though.

Terminal compatibility with RDOS was always a problem -- Data General went
out of their way to make sure RDOS could not be easily used with DEC (or
ANSI) terminals -- DG wanted you to buy Dasher terminals...

...dell