[Simh] help with 7090 simulation

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Dec 7 15:36:49 EST 2010

Hi,

This is a little weird, but I'm interested in trying out the 7090
simulation in SIMH even though I've never used a 7090.

Unfortunately the FAQ link on simh.trailing-edge.org doesn't work.
<http://simh.trailing-edge.com/simh_faq.txt>

I downloaded the Windows binaries and unzipped them.  Then I unzipped
the 7090 IBSYS package into the same folder.  I started i7094.exe and
did "do do_ibsys.txt".  At that point I'm left with a few messages I
don't understand and the simulator doesn't appear to be responding to
input.

sim> do do_ibsys.txt
Could Not Find C:\tmp\simh\punch.*
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
sysin.txt: No such file or directory
CDR: unit is read only
CDP: creating new file
MTA: creating new file
MTA: creating new file
MTA: creating new file
MTA: creating new file
MTA: creating new file
MTA: creating new file
MTA: creating new file
MTA: creating new file

Ultimately my goal is to get MACRO-FAP assembled on the 7090 simulator
so that I can experiment with its behavior.  I found an assembly
listing for it at:

<http://www.softwarepreservation.org/projects/FORTRAN/source/ibsys/FORTRAN/9F04.fap/>

Any suggestions?