[Simh] Status?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Wed Apr 21 16:49:36 EDT 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Vince Mulhollon wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:53:29PM +0800, Michael Richter wrote:
>> then.  Has there been no update since then?  Is there perhaps a
>> publicly-accessible code repository for people who want to live dangerously
>> on the bleeding edge of trailing edge technology?
>
> If no better option exists, I could create a project "pkg-simh" on
> alioth.debian.org.

Um, there is a simh project on sourceforge which looks official.  You can grab
the latest sources from the cvs server.

Looks like Tim Riker and Bob Supnik are the admins and "neozeed2" has
done all the leg work.

(personally I wish it used subversion, but I can use cvs if I have to)

If you've got patches, I would rebase them from the latest CVS and post
them on sourceforge.  No sense spreading things all over the place.

If you think "neozeed2" is unresponsive, feel free to fork and start a new
project, but I'd claim it should be on google code or sourceforge.  Seems like
he's taken the lead and gotten the sources into cvs, along with some screenshots.

3.8-1 has all the pdp-11 issues I am aware of fixed.  I don't think it handles
the mmu "maint mode" correctly, but only the diags seem to care.

-brad

Brad Parker
Heeltoe Consulting
781-483-3101