[Simh] M-20 simulator implemented

Serge Vakulenko serge at vak.ru
Mon Sep 21 14:26:18 EDT 2009

Hello,

Thank you for your great computer simulator project SIMH.
It is really a lot of pleasure to play with vintage systems using SIMH. :)

I hope you will be interested in old Soviet computers. For example,
M-20: a vacuum tube computer, manufactured in 1958-1965. A first chess
program "Kaissa" was implemented on M-20:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaissa

I implemented M-20 using SIMH. Sources are available via SVN or
browsed here: http://code.google.com/p/m20/source/browse/#svn/trunk/simh

Several weeks ago, the sorces of Kaissa were found:
http://m20.googlecode.com/svn/doc/M-20-Kaissa.pdf
Some days, I hope to make it run on SIMH.

What do you think about merging M-20 sources into the main SIMH source
tree? There are a lot of comments in Russian, UTF-8 encoding - would
they cause a problem?

In a near future, I plan to start implementing a BESM-6, the most
famous Soviet computer of 60-s.
___
Regards,
Serge Vakulenko