[Simh] M-20 simulator implemented

Howard M. Harte hharte at hartetechnologies.com
Mon Sep 21 20:49:14 EDT 2009

Very nice.  It will be fun to try it out.

It looks like the main SIMH distribution (v3.8-1) has not been updated
since February.

I'm curious to know when the next release is planned, as I know at
least one bug in the PDP-11 network controller has been found and fixed.

Also, in the spring, I added a MIT TX-0 simulator tested on Linux and
Windows, and submitted the code to Bob Supnik for inclusion into the
distribution.  I'd like to know if that has been accepted into the
distribution for future releases.

It is very educational to write a simulator for new old hardware, and
to be able to run code which has not been executed for decades.

I'd like to thank Al Kossow of bitsavers.org for making the TX-0
documentation and software available.

-Howard