[Simh] Seventh Edition Unix on Simh

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 21:32:52 EDT 2009

I'd also echo some strings to the tty as you should get those as well...

Ls .gt. /dev/ttys1

My phone doesn't have gt/lt.. Use your imagination...

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
Davis Johnson wrote:

I haven't had a chance to actually try, but you /etc/ttys file looks
somthing like:

16console

  00tty1

  00tty2

  00tty3

  00tty4

  00tty5

  00tty6

  00tty7

Change the first digit on the tty1 line to from a 1 to a 0 to make it
look like:

16console

  10tty1

  00tty2

  00tty3

  00tty4

  00tty5

  00tty6

  00tty7

Reboot (or signal init or somthing. I can't remember the  graceful way
of doing it on Version 7)

Davis Johnson wrote:

Sounds like an edition 7 configuration problem to me.

Less likely: /etc/ttys should have a bunch of ttys listed. It probably
does.

More likely: The default kernel is fairly stripped down, it probably
doesn't have the port defined. You probably want to build a kernel with
more memory anyway.

I'll probably look this weekend.

Tom Manos wrote:

    Jason,

    Thanks for the pointer for installing V7 on pdp-11. I'm not
sure
how I screwed that one up (multiple times), but this sure worked.

    All,

    After getting it installed, I decided that I like the
Interdata
port better, even though the source tree is not included.

    So... now I'm trying to get the telnet interface to the PAS
device running. I've set it up with the following commands:

    set ttp ena
    set pas devno=12
    att pas 23000
    att -e dp0 iu7_dp0.dsk
    att -e dp1 iu7_dp1.dsk
    boot dp0

    It boots up and runs fine, but when I telnet to localhost on
port 23000, I get...

    Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
    Escape character is '^]'.

    Connected to the Interdata 32b simulator PAS device, line 0

    ...and then it freezes. I can see the connection from the simh
console, but get no activity on the telnet side. What am I missing?

    Cheers,
    Tom