[Simh] Seventh Edition Unix on Simh

Tom Manos tmanos at CONCURSIVE.com
Mon Oct 5 14:57:37 EDT 2009

I'm interested in learning more about Seventh Edition Unix, and
started by trying to install it on SIMH PDP-11. Unfortunately, I could
not get that to work using any set of instructions and disk images I
could find by reading the docs and searching the web, so I eventually
set it up using the Interdata 8/32 simulator. I'm using the following:
Interdata 32b simulator V3.8-1 [32b data, 32b addresses, no Ethernet].
This seems to work fine.

I have two questions:

1. I would really like to be running on PDP-11. Is there a set of
instructions and disk images that work? Where?

2. I would like to telnet in to the V7 system, but am having trouble
making it work after reading the docs. Can someone point me to a good
set of instructions, or show me how to set up SIMH and the 8/32 to
allow telnet?

Thanks,
Tom