[Simh] Errors when using pUTTY terminal emulator to telnet to simh.

Rey Leonar raleonar at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:49:52 EDT 2009

Hi Welm,

It seems that we have different config file...I have a very simple
config file, I just copied it from some sample SIMH installation.
Your config file looks very nice to me,plenty of commands which i'm
very much interected to know. I tried your config file and try to use
putty
with settings set at TELNET to LOCALHOST on PORT 10000. Seems like it
didn't work on my machine.

Did you start putty from a different machine? I noticed from your
config file that you don't have command similar to this;

      set console telnet=6969

which I been using.

Anyway, can you share it with me, how you connect to your SIMH?

How those DZ11 and DHQ11 works?

I appreciate your help.

-rey

Welm writes;

I use the same SIMH version and Winpcap version as you do, only this
runs on Vista Business x64 SP1

This is my config file:

echo    --------------------
echo    VAXserver 3900 512MB
echo    --------------------
echo

; unused devices:
set rl disable
set ry disable
set ts disable
set cr disable

;CTRL/P=dec 16, hex 10
set console brk=10

; VAXserver 3900 emulator settings
; ka655x voor meer dan 64MB
load -r ka655x.bin

att nvr nvram.bin

set cpu 512M
set cpu conhalt
set cpu idle
set rom delay
set qba autoconfig

; DZ11 listen on port 10000 for TTA0-TTA3
echo DZ11 --> TTAn:
set dz enable
set dz lines=4
att dz 10000

; DHQ11 listen on port 20000 for TXA0-TXA7
echo DHQ11 --> TXAn:
set vh enable
set vh0 DHU fastDMA
att vh 20000

; DUA controller
set rq0 ra92
att -e rq0 D:\vdisk\VAX\VMS073SYS.vdisk

set rq1 ra92
att -e rq1 D:\vdisk\VAX\VMS073DAT.vdisk

set -L rq2 rauser=102432
att -e rq2 D:\vdisk\TOOLS.vdisk

set -L rq3 rauser=1069092
att -e rq3 D:\vdisk\VAX\VAXVMSPAT073.vdisk

; MUA tape ctrl
set tq tk70
att -e tq D:\vtape\MUA0.vtape

set tq1 disable
set tq2 disable
set tq3 disable

; printer
echo LPA0: --> vaxprint.txt
att lpt vaxprint.txt

; Ethernet via Wireless adapter
set xq type=DELQA mac=00:1A:73:5F:8A:E0
att xq ?

; Boot
; all deposits in hex for VAX, set BDR<7>=1
dep bdr 80
;dep bdr 00
; for autoboot: deposit BDR 00

echo
echo    Type "b[oot] cpu" to start the VAX
echo
;boot cpu