[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 69, Issue 4

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 23:09:06 EDT 2009

I was butting my head against this sporadically for months.  Then yesterday
someone lit the candle.

The first thing I have to ask is did you use "make -DUSE_NETWORK=1 all" when
building?  If not, you didn't include the network code.

The second thing is are you running it as root.  My preliminary
investigations after someone pointed that out to me showed that the ethernet
devices are suddenly visible if you run as root.