[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 69, Issue 4

valdir valdir.marques.franc at itelefonica.com.br
Tue Aug 25 20:29:44 EDT 2009

Michael Richter escreveu:
> I was butting my head against this sporadically for months.  Then
> yesterday someone lit the candle.
>
> The first thing I have to ask is did you use "make -DUSE_NETWORK=1
> all" when building?  If not, you didn't include the network code.
>
> The second thing is are you running it as root.  My preliminary
> investigations after someone pointed that out to me showed that the
> ethernet devices are suddenly visible if you run as root.
>
> 2009/8/25 valdir.marques.franc
> <valdir.marques.franc at itelefonica.com.br
> <mailto:valdir.marques.franc at itelefonica.com.br>>
>
>     Hi...
>     I got simh working fine under windows.
>     I decided move to linux, specially with a text base installation, like
>     slackware.
>     Under windows, ovms/vax gets internet, lan and so...
>     But with linux, not much success.

Yes, it was built with that option.
Libcap is ok, too
The issue seems to be on how vax machine talks to slack.
I´ve tried "openvpn --mktun --dev tap0" and "ifconfig tap0 up"
At simh prompt "show xq eth" returns me the two adapter as ok, although
with no description.
I´m missing somthing at this point. And dont know exactly what is it.
I´m digging on this to find out some solution.