[Simh] simh and tap device under linux

ttmrichter at gmail.com ttmrichter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 03:08:34 EDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009 2:47pm, "Vorländer, Martin" <MV at pdv-systeme.de> wrote:
> libpcap works by switching the ethernet card into promiscuous mode
> and sorting out the packets destined for SIMH. Under Linux, it needs
> root access to be able to do that. So, what does it say when you

> $ sudo BIN/pdp11

OK, colour me embarrassed. It works fine under root.

Now the million-dollar question: is there any way to set this up so that I
don't have to give someone full-on God Mode privileges to run the emulator
properly? I'm not so sure I want to give this thing access to everything on
my system at this time.