[Simh] iPhones....

Hittner, David T (IS) david.hittner at ngc.com
Thu Apr 9 10:19:54 EDT 2009

Thanks. In general, libpcap works fine for wireless ethernet, you just have to set a MAC address that your wireless router can cope with, and some wireless routers are better than others about registering and forwarding MAC addresses. I've gotten pcap to work with D-LINK routers, and I've fielded reports of problems with Microsoft routers. Using the host's MAC for the simulation MAC can frequently work, depending on how packet delivery in the host OS is done, although this is not an optimal solution.

Any particular reason that you ran the VAX780 rather then the VAX simulation? The latter has had far more testing and development..

Dave