[Simh] iPhones....

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 09:52:06 EDT 2009

Just remember the iPhone is on wifi.. so I don't think libpcap would
work at any rate...

First you'll need to make sure your iPhone is running some 2.0 version
of the OS... iTunes should be able to take care of that for you.

Next you'll need something to jailbreak the iPhone which will allow
you to flesh out the enviroment to make it more like a *nix box than a
cellphone.  I used QuickPWN-225-2 .. I think you'll have to google
around for the flash boot files and some other misc stuff.  With that
done, be sure to have it install Cydia.  It'll probably want to update
itself a bunch of times, but from there you can install the terminal
application, sshd, gcc and a whole host of usefull things to make the
iPhone multiuser...

The userland on the iPhone feels like any debian linux OS, so apt-get
install is your friend for getting software..

Then it's a simple matter of scp'ing the files (simh source, and disk
images) onto the phone, unzipping the source, building, and away you
go..

Just remember to sign each exe as you build them otherwise you'll
never run anything...

iPhone:/usr/src root# ./vax780
Killed
iPhone:/usr/src root# ldid -S ./vax780
iPhone:/usr/src root# ./vax780

VAX780 simulator V3.8-1
sim> quit
Goodbye

**REMEMBER that jailbreaking the phone will most likely return it to a
virgin state.  I didn't have anything of value on it, so I didn't
care.  If you have contacts I'd highly advise setting up some kind of
replication in iTunes to some kind of mail client so that way you
don't lose your address book.  Likewise, copy off your picture roll!