[Simh] Idle problem with VAX/VMS V4.7 on Simh V3.8-0

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:16:31 EDT 2008

I can offer some 'temporary' relief for the whole idle thing...
You can change the idle from VMS to 32v.  It's far from where it was in the
older version, but it'll not quite eat 100% of the cpu, more so in the
40-80% ranges.. (Checked on Windows 2000 & my Playstation 3 (linux))

Also I found that the older firmware is better for smaller VAX systems with
regards to autobooting etc..

http://simh.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/simh/simh/VAX/ka655.bin?revision=1.1.1.1

You can download the ka655.bin there, that will autoboot on machines with
less than 128MB of ram...