[Simh] Idle problem with VAX/VMS V4.7 on Simh V3.8-0

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 17:12:01 EDT 2008

Thanks for the VMS image, it's helped greatly.  The "issue" as it is
revolves around the change from the old idle code to the new idle code...
I've had the same issue with the old BSD software.

I recall fixing it on one build by changing all the IPL detection to the old
way and it working..

However today I'm not sure if it's the flu I've gotten or I'm having no luck
doing os.

I'll try some more tomorrow but the good news is that 3.7-1 does idle
correctly while the newer ones do not.....

Jason