[Simh] KE11A support patch

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon May 5 09:02:56 EDT 2008

Rich Alderson writes:
> > From: Brad Parker <brad at heeltoe.com>
>> Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 07:16:19 -0400

>> In order to boot v1 unix, we needed to add support to simh for the
>> KE11A.  I grabbed some of the code in 'apout' and made a simple KE
>> device.  Basically its a unibus based math device with a few registers
>> in the address space.

> I have to ask:  What do you mean by "v1 unix"?  The earliest versions of UNIX
> ran on the PDP-7, and certainly did not have (PDP-11) Unibus support of any
> kind.

I think this might be a cultural - e.g. Fortran vs C
programmer - issue.

My gut feeling is that V1 is the first version of anything, but
I'm a Fortran programmer at heart. (As in, "A good Fortran
programmer can write spaghetti code in any language!")

Now, a C/Unix dweeb, they would start numbering at zero :-).

Tim.