[Simh] RSTS/E: Time and Date

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 22:37:59 EDT 2008

Hi,
    I am probably quibbling about something which isn't worth the hastle, but I've found that my RSTS clock runs a little ahead of reality.  In one case it was around 8 minutes ahead.
    I suspect this has to do with the speed of the emulated CPU as compared with the real PDP?  Would enabling the idle feature help?  Is there a way to keep the thing realistic?
    Also, is there a way to keep the date and time in NVRAM or somesuch so I don't need to enter it every time I boot?  Or is that entry a requirement?  I remember VMS somehow doing it.
Thanks for putting up with silly newbie questions.
Best,
Zack.