[Simh] RSTS/E: Time and Date

tiggerlasv at aim.com tiggerlasv at aim.com
Tue Mar 18 23:02:19 EDT 2008

This MAY be caused by a known issue with Simh -

RSTS/E V9.x and above will default to a 50Mhz clock at startup,
when using any of the J11-B emulations.

It affects 11/73B, 11/83, 11/84, 11/93, and 11/94 emulations.

It has something to do with the way INIT detects the LTC speed.

You can either include a "SET CLK 50HZ" in your .ini file,
or you can select an "older" emulation, such as 11/23, 11/53,
or just the plain old 11/73.   ("SET CPU 11/73")

Don't bother with trying to "HARDWARE HERTZ 60" in INIT;
it will just flip back to 50Hz when you restart.

As info. . . .