[Simh] RSTS/E v96 installation

Fausto Saporito fausap at unina.it
Wed Mar 12 15:01:35 EDT 2008

Hello Bill, hello all,

thanks for your replies.
If I understood well I need a separate installation tape for the
layered products, i.e. fortran77

I found some of them in the trailing-edge ftp site, and I tried
several of them:

1) bb-k400f-bc_pdp_f77_rsts_v5_3_c1988.tap.bz2
2) f77_v5_3.zip
3) fortran-77_v5_4.zip

the first two packages are in .bck format, and they don't have a CTL
file usable with RSTS/E BUILD command.
The last one has a .bck and .a saveset (remember me VMS saveset) and
no CTL file.

All of them have a .COM installation procedure, but it fails. I
suppose that procedure (FRTRN77.COM) needs to be used within another
procedure/command.

I found just one installation  document on bitsavers.org, but it
refers to a F77 installation under RSTS/E v7 and it uses only the
"BUILD" command.

Do you have any suggestions about this kind of installation?

thanks,
fausto