[Simh] RSTS/E v96 installation

Bill Heaton wheaton at cryptocybernetics.com
Wed Mar 12 14:34:42 EDT 2008

Hi Fausto,

I'm currently writing a How-To on sysgening RSTS/E V9.6 and can
say that your on the right track.  I think that what's its saying is
that
those tasks haven't changed.

Using the TU tape drive is slightly easier.  Here's my config that I'm
using to successfully sysgen the system.  Once your up, use DB0:
as your system device.  MM0: for the first tape, and MM1: for the
second tape.

BTW: for those that are wondering.  I have all the piece for my first
release together.  Calling it the "RSTS V9 Archive".   Well over the
50% mark for getting it out to the world.  I'm still tuning the sysgen.

Regards, Bill

rsts-sysgen.ini
============

; Disable devices, we'll enable what we need later
set CR disable
set DZ disable
set HK disable
set RK disable
set RL disable
set RP disable
set RQ disable
set RQB disable
set RQC disable
set RQD disable
set RX disable
set RY disable
;set TA disable
set TC disable
set TM disable
set TS disable
set TQ disable
set TU disable
set VH disable
set XQ disable
set XQB disable
set XU disable
set XUB disable

echo PDP-11/93 with 4 meg of memory
echo
set cpu 11/93
set cpu 4m
set cpu cis

set RP enable
set RP0 RP04
attach RP0 RSTS_V9.RP04
echo RSTS_V9.RP04 mounted on RP0: (DB0:)

set TU enable
set TU0 locked
set TU1 locked
attach TU0 rsts_v9_6_install.tap
attach TU1 rsts_v9_library.tap
echo rsts_v9_6_install.tap mounted on TU0 (MM0:)
echo rsts_v9_library.tap mounted on TU1 (MM1:)

echo
echo "boot tu" to boot tape
echo "boot rp" to boot disk