[Simh] Still problems with networking on Mac OS X

Vorländer, Martin MV at PDV-SYSTEME.DE
Tue Jul 8 06:26:16 EDT 2008

Hi!

> I have downloaded the simh ready-made VAX for Mac OS X with ethernet
> enabled. Now i try to attach it to the network
>
> sim> show xq
> XQ, address=20001920-2000192F, no vector, MAC=08:00:2B:AC:AC:B1,
> type=DELQA, poll=100, not attached
> sim> attach xq en0
> File open error
> sim>
>
> My primary built-in ethernet adaptor is en0. This is on a Mac Book Pro
> running with Leopard 10.5.4. I have also tried to attach to other
> adaptors like en1 (Airport), en2, en3 (Parallels) but still always get
> the same error message.
>
> What do I miss? Anyone having networking simh up and running
> on the Mac?

I don't personally have a Mac, but you can tell SIMH to show all of
the ethernet interfaces it knows (and the names you have to use)
using SHOW XQ ETH .

cu,
  Martin
--
   Emacs would be a great   | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
   operating system,        | work: mv at pdv-systeme.de
   if only it came with     |   http://vms.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/
   a decent editor...       | home: martin.vorlaender at t-online.de