[Simh] Still problems with networking on Mac OS X

Markus Ruggiero markus at ruggiero.ch
Tue Jul 8 06:18:53 EDT 2008

I have downloaded the simh ready-made VAX for Mac OS X with ethernet
enabled. Now i try to attach it to the network

sim> show xq
XQ, address=20001920-2000192F, no vector, MAC=08:00:2B:AC:AC:B1,
type=DELQA, poll=100, not attached
sim> attach xq en0
File open error
sim>

My primary built-in ethernet adaptor is en0. This is on a Mac Book Pro
running with Leopard 10.5.4. I have also tried to attach to other
adaptors like en1 (Airport), en2, en3 (Parallels) but still always get
the same error message.

What do I miss? Anyone having networking simh up and running on the Mac?
Thanks
---markus---