[Simh] Still problems with networking on Mac OS X

Markus Ruggiero markus at ruggiero.ch
Tue Jul 8 10:01:09 EDT 2008

sim> show xq eth
ETH devices:
   no network devices are available
sim>

And then it came to me...
I did not run the program with enough privs. Running it with sudo
shows the adaptors and allows attaching.
Silly me (I did read the doc tho but remembering everything is a
different thing...)

Thanks
---markus---

On 08.07.2008, at 12:26, Vorländer, Martin wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> I have downloaded the simh ready-made VAX for Mac OS X with ethernet
>> enabled. Now i try to attach it to the network
>>
>> sim> show xq
>> XQ, address=20001920-2000192F, no vector, MAC=08:00:2B:AC:AC:B1,
>> type=DELQA, poll=100, not attached
>> sim> attach xq en0
>> File open error
>> sim>
>>
>> My primary built-in ethernet adaptor is en0. This is on a Mac Book
>> Pro
>> running with Leopard 10.5.4. I have also tried to attach to other
>> adaptors like en1 (Airport), en2, en3 (Parallels) but still always
>> get
>> the same error message.
>>
>> What do I miss? Anyone having networking simh up and running
>> on the Mac?
>
> I don't personally have a Mac, but you can tell SIMH to show all of
> the ethernet interfaces it knows (and the names you have to use)
> using SHOW XQ ETH .
>
> cu,
>  Martin
> --
>   Emacs would be a great   | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
>   operating system,        | work: mv at pdv-systeme.de
>   if only it came with     |   http://vms.pdv-systeme.de/users/
> martinv/
>   a decent editor...       | home: martin.vorlaender at t-online.de

Markus Ruggiero
rucotec consulting and technologies    email     mailto:markus.ruggiero at rucotec.ch
rucotec GmbH                           web       http://www.rucotec.ch
Steinentorstrasse 8
4051 Basel                             Mobile    +41 (0)79 508 4701
Switzerland                            Phone/Fax +41 (0)61 271 4990