[Simh] RTE-6/VM configuration

Terry Newton wtn90125 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 15:36:35 EDT 2008

--- On Fri, 7/4/08, J. David Bryan <jdbryan at acm.org> wrote:
>   :MC,11,,360,,1,<n1>
>   :MC,12,,450,,1,<n2>

Thanks! I set LU 11 to be cart 3. The Adventure game I have is
hardcoded to access its data file from cart 3 so hopefully it'll
be satisfied by that. It's looking like the primary system(s)
can be used as-is without regeneration, although at some point
I want to figure all that out but for the time being I can
get by without papertape at all, or enable it directly using
the driver replacement utilities.

Re: the backspace problem - using the Linux "Konsole" program
the VT420PC setting permits normal backspace usage when the
set console DEL=177 setting is in effect. Linux messes with
backspace settings unless you tell it not to, for gnome-terminal
selecting swap BS & DEL should do the same thing. This works
best when using a separate (BACI telnet) console as the simh
prompt still expects the Linux backspace default (ascii 127).
If trying to do it all in one terminal then DEL has to be
used to backspace when at the simh prompt so I leave the
shell running simh itself alone and adjust the shell running
the telnet client to achieve proper backpace operation in RTE.

Terry