[Simh] OpenVMS Networking questions

Hittner, David T. david.hittner at ngc.com
Thu Feb 7 08:04:10 EST 2008

It's a limitation of how WinPCAP works that you cannot easily talk to
the virtual machine on your own host - see the FAQ (Item 2.10).
http://simh.trailing-edge.com/pdf/simh_faq.pdf

If you choose to create a TAP adapter, to bridge a TAP adapter and a
real adapter in WinXP, select both devices in the Networks Connections
screen, right-click and select 'Bridge Connections'. Attach your virtual
VAX to the TAP adapter.

Yes, you can run DECNET also.