[Simh] OpenVMS Networking questions

Peter Moreton petermoreton at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 05:21:17 EST 2008

I have OpenVMS 7.1 booted under SIMH / XP, have PCAP loaded, and have configured UCX TCP/IP services to have an IP address, and have enabled the TELNET service, but I cannot telnet into the VMS machine.

As VMS boots, PINGs from my XP workstation to the VMS start to respond (so the ethernet adaptor must be up), and a TELNET session can be established to the VMS ip address, but I don't get the usual logon banner from Telnet.

I'm sure it's something very simple.... any ideas?

Also, does PCAP allow me to run DECnet as well as TCP/IP over the host machines ethernet?