[Simh] OpenVMS and networking on Windows

Zachary Kline z_kline at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 21:39:34 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to get back into OpenVMS, using my old system disk image and my copy of SIMH.  I have it set up to boot on my laptop, and just installed the Multinet TCP stack from Process Software.
The problem now seems to be that I can't Windows networking to work.  I'm unfortunately at a university with an Internet policy which is a little restrictive.
I've tried using:
attach xq eth1
at the SIMH prompt, and it seems to have worked.  I'm using WinPCAP 4.0, the latest version.
My TCP stack in VMS can't find the DHCP server, nor does setting the MAC of the network card to be the same as that of the physical card help.
I always get a message about there being no route to host.  I'm wondering if the WinPCAP version is to blame?
Thanks for any help,
Zack.