[Simh] Terminal Type for Windows CMD ?

Brian Knittel brian at quarterbyte.com
Tue Sep 18 19:47:57 EDT 2007

You'll have to use a terminal emulator (HyperTerm might do)
and connect via Telnet. The old ansi.sys carriage control
driver provided with Windows is available to MS-DOS programs
only, not 32-bit console programs like SIMH.  Maybe others on
the list have better ideas, but I'm pretty sure that cursor
control is not available for the SIMH console window itself,
at least under XP.

Brian

On 18 Sep 2007 at 16:40, Rod Landers wrote:

> Apologies if this has been asked before....
>
> I have simh setup in Windows XP to run in a CMD window. I have installed
> OpenVMS and
> all seems to work. However when I go to edit (Using Edit or EDT) a
> file, the Windows
> command window doesn't seem to be able to process VT100 or VT220
> terminal escape
> sequences properly. I've set the terminal type in VMS properly (I think,
> Set/term=vt100), but
> I suspect that command window doesn't know what to do with the terminal
> escape sequences that are sent to it (like when one edits a file).
>
> Anyone have any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks, Rod

_| _| _|  Brian Knittel
_| _| _|  Quarterbyte Systems, Inc.