[Simh] Terminal Type for Windows CMD ?

Tim Pinkawa timpinkawa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:53:24 EDT 2007

On 9/18/07, Rod Landers <rrlanders2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Apologies if this has been asked before....
>
> I have simh setup in Windows XP to run in a CMD window. I have installed
> OpenVMS and
> all seems to work. However  when I go to edit (Using Edit or EDT) a file,
> the Windows
> command window doesn't seem to be able to process VT100 or VT220 terminal
> escape
> sequences properly. I've set the terminal type in VMS properly (I think,
> Set/term=vt100), but
> I suspect that command window doesn't know what to do with the terminal
> escape sequences that are sent to it (like when one edits a file).
>
> Anyone have any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks, Rod

One option is to enable the telnet console. That way you can connect
to the console with a regular terminal emulator (like PuTTY) instead
of using cmd.exe.

Just add
SET CONSOLE TELNET=1234
to your configuration file. You can change 1234 to whatever port you
want to use, then connect to the host machine's IP address/DNS host
name at that port with a terminal emulator and everything should work.

Hope this helps,
Tim