[Simh] Terminal Type for Windows CMD ?

Rod Landers rrlanders2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 19:40:52 EDT 2007

Apologies if this has been asked before....

  I have simh setup in Windows XP to run in a CMD window. I have installed OpenVMS and
  all seems to work. However  when I go to edit (Using Edit or EDT) a file, the Windows
  command window doesn't seem to be able to process VT100 or VT220 terminal escape
  sequences properly. I've set the terminal type in VMS properly (I think, Set/term=vt100), but
  I suspect that command window doesn't know what to do with the terminal escape sequences that are sent to it (like when one edits a file).

  Anyone have any suggestions ?

  Thanks, Rod